Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 20, 2011

GYMNASTICS CLASS


Sonoma finally started gymnastics class today!  After a few phone calls and an in person meeting to beg the director to allow Sonoma to start gymnastics, they finally agreed!  You see, she has to be 18 months to start gymnastics, and she is only 17, but not for much longer!  I thought it was ridiculous so I am glad they finally let her in the class. 

It was so funny watching these little toddlers in class today.  The youngest age I ever coached gymnastics was 3, and I thought THAT was stressful.  Now I know why I always preferred coaching older children.  Sonoma didn't really like to sit in a circle and stretch, she was ready to run.  She did OK on vault, and was actually really good at bars.  She can do chin-ups and was able to do some big swings with a spot.  She was doing great on the balance beam, but then the instructor brought out a pumpkin that was filled with shakers. She allowed the kids to hold a shaker while they walked on all of the beams.  Sonoma would NOT let go of the shakers, carried them to floor with her which made her tumbling more difficult, and then threw a massive fit at the end of class when she had to return the shakers.  I basically had to rip them out of her hands and you can imagine the tantrum!  I truly am excited she is in gymnastics, and I am glad we have another activity to add to our week.  I think being busy and having lots of activities is key when you are a Stay-at-Home Mom.  We love to be on the go.  
Ready to vault!


No comments:

Post a Comment