Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Roadtrip!

Sonoma and I took our first summer roadtrip together to Bloomington, Indiana without Daddy. We knew we couldn't make the roadtrip all alone, so luckily we got some help from the Grandparents. Last Thursday, my Mom and Dad picked up Sonoma and I after they had a nice trip to the city for their anniversary. They drove us down to Bloomington and Sonoma did great in the car. We only had to stop one time to feed her at a rest stop.



Sonoma had quite the busy week, trying to visit friends and family. She spent a lot of time with Grammy and Grandpa while I was able to visit with my friends and work out with my sister.







I had a wonderful visit with 3 of my best high school girlfriends that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Sonoma came to the beginning of the dinner and fell asleep, and then my Mom took her home. Sonoma attended lunches at 2 of my favorite Bloomington restaurants: D'Angelos and Lennies. Sonoma also strolled around the College Mall, met everyone at my Dad's office, spent time outside on my parents' deck and tried to bond with their French bulldog, Wilbur. Poor Wilbur just couldn't make the adjustment with a baby in the house.


Dixie spent a few days with my parents, and then she stayed at Marcus' parents Sunday-Wednesday. On Sunday afternoon I dropped Sonoma off at the Fischer's house so she could spend time with Grandma and T. She had a beautiful afternoon in the woods, while I saw a movie with my mom, sister, Amy and her Mom. That evening, my parents, sister and I had a nice evening out followed by ice cream at my favorite place.
Sonoma was lucky to see Auntie K, since she has an extremely busy summer. Krista was preparing to leave for her last college cheer camp in Milwaukee, but found time to play with Sonoma and play tennis and run with me! They had a fun time together and Sonoma is always so happy every time Krista is around.



Sunday, August 1st was my Grandfather, Ross' 90th Birthday. My Dad and Krista were competing in the Indy Tri-athalon, so my Mom and I had my Grandfather over for breakfast after church, and I was really glad that Sonoma was able to spend some 1 on 1 time with her Great-Grandfather. She was in the best mood and was such a happy baby.


Sonoma also spent time with her other Great-Grandfather as well as her Great-Grandmother. Here is a picture of her and Great-Grandma. She was so excited!



Unfortunately, Sonoma did not sleep very well away from home. We had her Pack-n-Play set up at my parents' house, but she was up every hour and a half to 3 hours. It was pretty rough getting good sleep with a crying, hungry baby at all hours of the night. We understand she is still young and are hopeful that by her next trip to Bloomington in September she will be sleeping better. Mommy sure is exhausted and can't remember the last time she slept more than a couple hours at a time. Luckily my Starbucks addiction has helped me tremendously these last 3 months.

As always, Sonoma loves her bath time, regardless of where she is. Grammy gave her a bath and she was a very happy little girl:


Our trip to Bloomington FLEW by, and we were sad to say goodbye to everyone. We were so grateful that Marcus' Mom drove us back home, so we never had to drive by ourselves. We had an easy trip back home and Sonoma did very well. She had fun hanging out with Grandma while I ran errands all day today and tried to catch up on laundry and chores. We are SO thankful for FOUR amazing grandparents that have helped us so much these last 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment