Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls' Weekend!


Sonoma and I had a really fun girls' weekend from Friday to Monday.  Marcus went down to our cabin in Georgia for a long weekend with his brother, so Grammy and Auntie K came up to visit.   Sonoma lit up the second she saw both Grammy and Auntie K and she had such a fun time! 
Opening all of her gifts from Grammy!

We certainly kept busy over the weekend, with shopping trips at Oakbrook, the Outlets, working out and dinner in downtown Naperville.
Shopping at Oakbrook

We did dinner at Hugo's and Sonoma insisted on eating a lemon.

HAHA!!   
After dinner we walked around Naperville and Sonoma enjoyed playing by the fountain.




<3 

Auntie K took Sonoma to her swim lesson on Sunday and they both had a blast together.  It seems as if Sonoma has a better time with each swim lesson, if that is even possible!  She is so happy in the water splashing around and kicking and learning to jump in off the wall.





 Sonoma has always loved digging around in Grammy's purse and this time Grammy put a little surprise in there - a miniature Barney! 
 Sonoma LOVES Barney, so when she found him in there, she was super excited.  All weekend she would point at Grammy's purse and start swaying back and forth singing "I Love You!"
Sonoma has always been attached to both Grammy and Grandma, but I think it is only getting worse with her age.  All weekend she only wanted Grammy to hold her.  She even started saying "Ammy!"  The worst part of the trip was on Monday when we all left at the same time.  Grammy and Auntie K drove back home and Sonoma and I drove to Stroller Fitness.  Sonoma was screaming and crying "Ammy!"  After her nap yesterday and this morning when she woke up, she was yelling "Ammy!" and keeps searching all over the house for her.  It is soo sad and makes me wish our Grandparents lived closer.


I taught her to smile for the camera if I can get her to sit still!  Krista took these adorable pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment