Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 23, 2012

More Snow!


We had another big snow storm on Friday, which meant two things:  One - our babysitter for Friday night fell through and two - Sonoma couldn't wait to play in the snow again!  Although our date night on Friday was anything BUT romantic, we still had the best time.  Who could resist this smile?

While I had a haircut on Saturday morning, Marcus bought Sonoma a sled and took her outside for some fun in the snow!




     
Marcus said she preferred to pull the sled instead of riding in it!




Other updates:

-Sonoma had her last class at My Gym last week.  We decided with our upcoming move and getting settled in our new community, we would take some time off for a while. 

 


-Our family joined the Vaughn Athletic Center, a wonderful gym (fitness center, pools, tracks, tennis courts) and community center just a couple minutes away from our new neighborhood.  They have tons of activities and sports and classes for Sonoma.  Sonoma has taken all of her swimming lessons there, so we were already familiar with the facility.  I've really enjoyed working out there so far.  The childcare is really great, and Sonoma always seems to have a good time there.  Today when I finished working out, I went to pick her up and she cried to leave! 

-We move in one week!  It's hard to believe our house will be finished by Thursday, which is when our final walk-through is.  It's officially been almost one year since we started designing and planning our new home.  It's been a LOT of work, ( way more than I could have ever imagined ) and we have had many bumps in the road, but I know it will be SO worth it when we finally move in!  Sonoma will get to spend some quality time on vacation in Indiana with her Grandparents while we move, have multiple installations and meetings and get settled.

-Sonoma is continuing to grow and learn new things every day.  She is also officially in the terrible 2's stage, though we are a few months shy of 2.  It's been challenging, but she still makes me laugh every day.  She started calling me and Marcus, "Mommy and Daddy"  instead of "Mama and Dada" which makes me think she is growing up too quickly.  Marcus thought it would be funny to teach her my real name, so she calls me "Lindy" quite often too.  I'm not very happy about that! 

I'm excited to share more pictures of our new house after our final walk through this week.  Let the craziness begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment