Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Swimming Class!



Sonoma started her first swimming class last Sunday. I'll be honest - I was very nervous taking her to swim all by myself since Marcus had to work. I had no idea where to go, what to do with my stuff, and more importantly, how she would react?! Fortunately, she LOVED swimming! The fitness center we went to was amazing and everything was really easy to find. The only thing that freaked me out was the depth of the pool - 4'11". I was so scared trying to hold on to her with all of my strength. My wrists and arms were so sore that night! She loved swimming so much that she didn't want me to hold on to her. Of course I had to, since she didn't have any sort of flotation device, but she was showing a lot of signs of wanting to be independent. The pool was a therapy pool, so it was nice and warm and they did all sorts of fun stuff for the babies. We sang and danced, played with cups and toys, practiced jumping off the edge into our arms, worked on blowing bubbles, kicking and scooping their arms into the water. Next time we both go to the class, I will be sure and take pictures, because I can assure you it was SO cute! My favorite part was helping Sonoma float on her back. The look on her face was priceless!

More on swimming in weeks to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment